POSITION: BRANCH MANAGER, AGULE
January 20th, 2017
Village Energy is a Ugandan solar energy startup that is solving the last-mile distribution and servicing challenge in rural East Africa. We set up retail locations and train local young men and women to sell, install, maintain and fix solar products & installations. By investing in human capacity building and physical infrastructure, we hope to boost and sustain solar adoption in rural areas. We currently have 11 branches in Pallisa, Soroti and Kumi and are planning expansion across Uganda in the coming year. We seek to recruit an excited and motivated sales person for our Agule branch, who can:
- Conduct market research and develop strategies for acquiring clients.
- Source leads and make sales in line with set targets.
- Maintain relationships with clients by ensuring client satisfaction after an installation/sale and responding to client concerns; ensure all clients make payments on time.
- Guide prospective clients to an intelligent purchase of a solar system, explain quotations, payment plans and contract terms.
- Educate clients on the proper and efficient use of solar systems, including consulting businesses on how to increase revenues with solar system.
- Manage inventory and receipts.
- Take care of reporting duties, including daily and weekly reporting to the District Manager as well as updating a customer relations management platform (CRM).
- Previous work experience in solar or services-based sales (e.g. insurance, loans, satellite TV) that require after sales servicing and long term client relations management.
- Previous experience in customer service management (e.g. call center).
- Native from the Pallisa District and/or knowledge of the local language; willing to work in Agule.
- Computer skills: ability to operate a computer/laptop, manage e-mail correspondence and update company CRM using a smartphone app and a computer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with Technical Teams and/or previous experience working with technical teams.
- Deep interest and passion for clean energy in rural, off-grid communities.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Established personal and/or professional network in Agule and broader Pallisa district.
- Mechanical or electrical knowledge/experience (e.g. conducting or observing site surveys/installations, ability to explain technical quotations to clients, knowledge of how solar system works).
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle and/or motorbike or personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
CVs detailing previous work duties and references together with copies of academic testimonials should be addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer, Village Energy Limited. Letter of Interest is optional.
Applications can be dropped off at our Pallisa office at Gogonyo Rd, Plot 5 or our headquarters in Kampala at 7A, Market Rise, Off Namuwongo Road. Online applications can be emailed to: Careers@villageenergy.com. Please indicate position you are interested in.