VILLAGE ENERGY IS HIRING
POSITION: DISTIRCT TECHNICIAN, MBALE
April 6, 2017
Village Energy is a Ugandan solar energy startup that is solving the last-mile distribution and servicing challenge in rural East Africa. We set up retail locations and train local young men and women to sell, install, maintain and fix solar products & installations. By investing in human capacity building and physical infrastructure, we hope to boost and sustain solar adoption in rural areas. We currently have 12 branches in Mbale, Pallisa, Soroti and Kumi and are planning expansion across Uganda in the coming year. We seek to recruit a candidate with the right blend of technical and client orientation skills for our Mbale location, who can:
- Actively look for custom installation leads and make sales
- Perform commercial and residential installations following instructions and design specifications
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance on solar systems, troubleshoot problems and make repairs
- Conduct site surveys and guide the client to an intelligent purchase of a solar system
- Take care of reporting duties, including updating a customer relations management platform
- Diploma or Degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- Technical experience in installing solar systems.
- Native from the Mbale District and/or knowledge of the local language.
- Willing and ready to live and work in Mbale.
- Deep interest and passion for clean energy in rural, off-grid communities.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a Team.
- Computer skills: ability to operate a computer/laptop, manage e-mail correspondence, update company customer relations management platform.
- Ability to prepare reports using a good level of English.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle and/or motorbike or personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
- Candidates with previous work experience in solar or services-based sales (e.g. insurance, loans, satellite TV) that require after sales servicing and long term client relations management.
- Previous experience in customer service management (e.g. call center).
CVs detailing previous work duties and references together with copies of academic testimonials should be addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer, Village Energy Limited. Letter of Interest is optional.
To apply, please fill out the below form. Applications can also be dropped off at our Mbale office at Plot No. 1, Sleeping Baby building, Maluku drive along Iganga-Kampala rd or our headquarters in Kampala at 7A, Market Rise, Off Namuwongo Road.