Village Energy is a Ugandan solar company piloting a last-mile distribution model for productive use of energy: custom solar installations (200W-10kW) for rural businesses, institutions and agriculture that enable improved incomes, job creation, and access to services. Through our network of five branches and technicians across Uganda, we offer in-house design, procurement, PayGo financing, installation, remote monitoring and on-site servicing, thus de-risking solar adoption for rural customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Village Energy is looking for Sales Agents to work out of our main office in Kampala. The ideal candidates will have a sales and/or technical background in the solar industry and a proven ability to meet sales targets. Our Kampala Sales Agents will work full-time in the field. They must be comfortable pitching to our target market—NGOs, schools, businesses, and other institutions. They must understand or be willing to learn about the basics of solar system design.
NOTE: The candidate must successfully complete a three (3) month probation period before being offered full-time employment.
• Source custom installation leads, make sales, and meet set targets
• Move out into the field and pitch to potential clients daily
• Follow-up with leads and/or clients daily
• Make sure all lead/client profiles and follow-ups are updated in the company CRM
• Participate in marketing activities as needed
• Provide excellent customer service
• Guide prospective clients through an intelligent purchase of a solar system
• Educate clients on the proper/efficient use of solar systems
• Explain quotations, payment plans and contract terms to potential clients
• Report to management daily
• Experience in the solar industry, focused on either sales or technical
• Proven ability to meet sales targets
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to work full-time in the field
• Monthly salary
• Commission awarded for each deal closed
• Facilitation provided (transport & airtime) for field work
How to Apply: Submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is Thursday, February 28th, 2019.
Village Energy does not discriminate in employment based on gender, age, religion/creed, ethnicity/nationality/tribe, disability or HIV status, political opinion, national extraction/social origin, or marital status.