POSITION: COMPANY DRIVER, SOROTI & PALLISA
January 23rd, 2017
Village Energy is a Ugandan solar energy startup that is solving the last-mile distribution and servicing challenge in rural East Africa. We set up retail locations and train local young men and women to sell, install, maintain and fix solar products & installations. By investing in human capacity building and physical infrastructure, we hope to boost and sustain solar adoption in rural areas. We currently have 11 branches in Pallisa, Soroti and Kumi and are planning expansion across Uganda in the coming year. We seek to recruit an experienced and reliable company driver for our locations in the East, who can:
- Transport Village Energy staff to meetings, marketing activities, client visits, client service calls, installations, etc.
- Collect and deliver mail, packages, and equipment; maintain record of all deliveries and distributions.
- Perform vehicle maintenance including minor repairs, arranging for routine upkeep and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Maintain records for vehicle such as log trips, daily mileage, use of fuel facilitation, and consumption.
- Exchange relevant information and maintain an open line of communication with colleagues and supervisors.
- Certificate of Education.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous work experience as an office or company driver with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, including chauffer courtesies.
- Familiar with the road network, especially Eastern Region, and traffic regulations of Uganda.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Native from the Eastern Region and/or knowledge of the local language(s); willing to work in Soroti and Pallisa.
- Computer skills: ability or willingness to learn how to operate a computer/laptop and a smartphone, operate a GPS, manage e-mail correspondence and update company management platform.
- Previous work experience in solar, customer service management (e.g. call center) or sales.
- Mechanical or electrical knowledge/experience (e.g. installations, wiring, troubleshooting).
- Deep interest and passion for clean energy in rural, off-grid communities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across diverse teams (e.g. sales, technical).
Women are encouraged to apply!
CVs detailing previous work duties and references together with copies of valid driver’s license should be addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer, Village Energy Limited. Letter of Interest is optional.
Applications can be dropped off at our Regional Office in Soroti at Liverpool Rd, off Market Rd or our headquarters in Kampala at 7A, Market Rise, Off Namuwongo Road. Online applications can be emailed to: Careers@villageenergy.com. Please indicate position you are interested in.